Most Telecom’s in Tanzania prefer Huawei products for providing 4G / 3G Internet connection to consumers, they promote different Huawei products but most of them are compatible with all telecom’s.
All 4G LTE devices such as MI-Fi or Wi-Fi Routers, USB Dongles etc will be labeled with the word ‘’LTE ‘’ to indicate that the device supports 4G LTE.
Below are Internet Devices for 4G-3G compatible with Tanzania Telecom’s including Zantel, Tigo, Airtel, Halotel, Vodacom, Smile, TTCL.
Top 5 Huawei Models – Compatible with Most Telecom’s in Tanzania (Vodacom, Halotel, Tigo, Airtel, Zantel & TTCL).
- Huawei E5573s-320 4G Mobile Wi-Fi – 4G LTE Category 4 Mobile Hotspot, Battery: 1500 mAh, Speed: 150MbpsDL/ 50Mbps UL. Up to 10 devices,
- Huawei E5330 3G Mobile Wi-Fi – 4G LTE, Speed: 21Mbps DL/5.76Mbps, Up to 10 devices. Frequency: 3G DC-HSPA+/HSPA/UMTS 2100/900 MHz – 2G GPRS/GSM/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz.
- Huawei E5577Cs-321 4G Mobile Wi-Fi – 4G LTE, Speed: 150MbpsDL/ 50Mbps UL. Up to 10 devices, Frequency: 1/3/5/7/8/20 (FDD 800/850/900/1800/2100/2600MHz).
- Huawei E5770 4G Mobile Wi-Fi Pro – 4G LTE, Battery: 5200 mAh, Speed: 150MbpsDL/ 50Mbps UL. Up to 10 devices, Display: 0.96” OLED.
- Huawei E3372s-153 4G USB Modem Dongle – 4G LTE, Speed: 150MbpsDL/ 50Mbps UL, Frequency: Band 1/3/7/8/20 (800/900/1800/2100/2600 MHz)- 3G UMTS: 900/2100 MHz- 2G GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz.
SMILE & TTCL – It’s best to use the routers model they suggest, as the frequency bands are different compared to Vodacom, Halotel, Tigo, Airtel & Zantel Devices.
Huawei LTE CPE B310
Huawei B315s-22: 4G LTE B1/B3/B7/B8/B20 (FDD 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz) and TD-LTE B38 (2600MHz).
Huawei LTE CPE B310
Huawei B310s-22: LTE FDD Band 1/3/7/8/20 (800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz)
* 4G LTE Category 4 CPE
* Unlocked for Global use
* DL 150Mbps/UL 50Mbps*
* Support up to 32 wireless users simultaneously.
Difference between B315 vs. B310 is that the B310 model is missing TD-LTE B38 (2600MHz) frequency, it doesn’t have a USB port to connect printers, usb drives and LAN ports to connect it to PC.
Don’t buy devices from the Telecom’s unless you plan to stick with them, because the devices are locked. E.g. Vodacom 4G Mi-Fi Router will be locked and you can only use Voda Sim Card and not others.
Its preferable to purchase Universal Devices that are unlocked for global use and are available in most IT shops in Tanzania for your Internet