Apple AirPods ‘blew up’ in Man’s Ear While Working out at the Gym

Spread the love


We’ve just barely recovered from the exploding Galaxy Note 7 from Samsung, but now, we have another exploding electronic. According to local news reports, a man named by ‘Jason Colon’ from Tampa, Florida realized that the wireless Apple AirPods he was wearing began removing smoking and blew up in flames.

Jason Colon told the local NBC news station “It’s the craziest thing I ever went through,”

He told the news station that he was listening to a dance mix at the gym when he realized that there was “white smoke … billowing out” of his Airpods. He immediately removed them from his ears and ran for help, when he returned to get his stuff, he claims that the right earbud was already damaged and could not be repaired.


“It was already like this. It was already popped. I didn’t see it happen, but I mean, it was already fried! You can see flame damage,” Colon said.

Well this can happen with any device due to lithium ion batteries which you will find in many of today’s electronics including Galaxy Note 7, powerbanks, hoverboards which exploded a few years back and now they are banned to take in flights and it looks like Apple Airpods have been added to the list.

This may be the first reported case of the malfunctioning AirPods. “I don’t know what would’ve happened to my ear,” Colon added. “But I’m sure since it hangs down, it could’ve been [my] ear lobe. Ear lobe could’ve been burnt.”

He warned users to be careful when using any type of electronic. He believe’s that the battery was at fault, and warned others. “Just because it happens to me doesn’t mean it won’t happen again,” he said.

According to Apple, they already investigating the case and will be reaching out to Colon for further information.

Spread the love


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *